Saturday, October 26, 2013

In Full Swing





I've returned for seconds!!  I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all the support and enthusiasm you have expressed via Facebook and in person.  It means the world to me to know that my posts are reaching such engaged, compassionate people. :)

I'll be honest: tonight started out as a rough one for me.  One of my supposedly best friends, in her words, "friendship broke up" with me...  Yeah, I know; that's not at all normal, and I can barely understand it myself.  Long story short, she implied my friendship was inconvenient to her lifestyle, and  she left.  Just like that.

Well, if you ask me, I think my presence in your life should be more than a matter of convenience.  We are all human beings, not disposable objects intended for others' exploitation.  Every one of us feels, hurts, and loves, and we deserve honor and respect.  

Each day I discover just how exceptional and unique every single human voice is, and it's nothing less than incredible.  As a matter of fact, just as I was about to drown my sorrows in mint chip ice cream and endless rumination, my friend saved me.  She encouraged me to go out to Halloween Bingo and watch Halloween Town II, and I had an absolute blast!  It's friends like these who continuously restore my faith in humanity, even as unfortunate souls try to diminish it.

 I say, don't even give those people the chance to bring you down.  In the words of my much admired Legal Studies Professor, "If anyone ever asks you to doubt your intelligence, your strength, or your character, don't buy it for a second."

Stay strong for yourself and for those who are worth your time, and don't mind the belligerent voices from those who have lost their strength.

Keep fighting the good fight, and have an empowering weekend, everyone!

With heart and soul,
Amanda :)

Outer top: Express (old).  Tank: Express (old).  Necklace: Lulu Frost for J. Crew (old; love this one).  Skirt: J. Crew (old; love this one).  Bag: Louis Vuitton.

All photos by Eric Pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment